Golf, Parks, Pools & Gyms
Turn to Simple Family Fun
Parks & Pools & Golf
A park is a great place to spend a warm afternoon or take a break from a long day in the car…lay out the blanket for a picnic lunch while the kids play on the swings, swim in the pool or just run!
- Hayfork Park – playground – Farmers’ Market – picnic area – pool
- Junction City Park – sports field – rodeo arena – trap shoot & shooting range – disc golf
- Lee Fong Park – disc golf – amphitheater – picnic area, in Weaverville
- Lewiston’s Deer Meadow Disc Golf Course
- Lowden Park – playground – picnic area – sports field – recreation hall – horseshoe pits – cookshack – rodeo arena, in Weaverville
- Lowden Park Pool – at Lowden Park -(530) 623-3640
- Trinity Alps Golf & Country Club – 530-623-6209 – nine-hole golf course, putting green, small driving range, restaurant, wine and beer bar, in Weaverville
To reserve the parks or pools for large group events, contact the following county departments:
- Rental requests for the Veterans Memorial Hall, Lowden Park, Junction City Park, and Hayfork Park as well as use requests for the Bandstand are received on a first come basis (including annual events).
- Applicants must fill out a use application, pay the appropriate rent and deposit before the event, and provide proof of insurance or purchase special event insurance. Staff will provide the information on special event insurance upon request. For information, or to be placed on the calendar, please call (530) 623-1277 (Ext. 175). Forms available at (530) 623-1326 Ext. 100)
- For requests for Lee Fong Park or the Lowden Park Pool, please contact the Weaverville-Douglas City Recreation District at (530) 623-5925.
- For information regarding the Hayfork Pool contact the Greater Hayfork Valley Park and Recreation District at P.O. Box 1598 Hayfork, CA 96041.
If it is exercise you need, but not necessarily outdoors, there are fitness facilities available. Some provide drop-in workouts and classes for all ages. Weights, aerobic dance, or workout machines for every fitness level are available. Some provide classes in ballet and gymnastics for children.
- Kelly’s Fitness Plus & White Wolf Gym, Weaverville 530-623-0014
- Mountain Valley Physical Therapy & Fitness, Weaverville, 530-623-2570