Good Eats by Region
Turn Local for Trinity County Produce, Wine, and Good Eats
Many visitors to Trinity County ask about how to have an authentic experience and feel what it is like to be a Trinitarian. There is no better way to be local than by experiencing Trinity through its locally grown foods.
Trinity County has a growing agriculture industry with the goal to supply our restaurants and schools with high quality products. Our Trinity County wineries produce wonderful and unique wines for almost every taste. You can find many of these products showcased at events that are calendared throughout the year.
Each of Trinity County’s six regions expressed their spirit through their options of restaurants, cafés, and grills. Whether it is artisan wood-oven pizzas, gourmet burgers, or that amazing Trinity River salmon over risotto, our Trinity chefs welcome you to try something new.
While in Trinity, explore our
The larger communities in Trinity County offer local restaurants, cafés, and grills to quiet your hunger. Below are some quick references to local dining:
- Aztec Grill & Redwood Market, 930 Main St/CA-299, (530) 623-1101
Family-owned Redwood Oil, Aztec Grill, and Redwood Market is your one-stop-shop for fuel for you and your vehicle. Conveniently located on Hwy 299 in Weaverville. Stop in and pick their fun and quick Mexican menu.
- Burger King
- Diggins, The (cocktails) Main St., 530-623-3423
Great drinking hole. The oldest bar in Trinity County. Good staff, chill place, pool table ,darts, back outside area, and right on Main Street
- DBQ BBQ Food Truck, Weaverville
- Holiday Market, S. Main St, (530) 623-2494
Founded in 1962, Holiday Market is an employee-owned and operated neighborhood grocery store chain in Northern California and Southern Oregon. Mission: Give our customers the friendliest service and provide the freshest meats and produce available.
- Mamma Llama Eatery & Cafe, (& coffeehouse)
- Mountain Market Place Organic & Natural Foods (Deli)
- New York Saloon, (cocktails)
- Nugget Restaurant, 790 Main St./A-299, (530) 623-6749
A casual dining experience in a family atmosphere. The building used to be the stagecoach stop between Redding and Eureka during the late 1800s. In the 1940s the building was transformed into a small restaurant.
- Raiberto’s Taco Shop
- Asian Cuisine
- Starbucks ( in Holiday Market)
- Tangle Blue Saloon (cocktails & pizza)
- The Grind Espresso
- Trinity Alps Golf Restaurant and Bar, 130 Golf Course Drive (530) 623-6209
We offer largest beer variety. From our scratch made pizzas to our juicy burgers and decadent desserts, everything we serve is prepared using fresh ingredients, classic flavors, and lots of love. With our commitment to quality and flavor, you can always expect a treat here!
- The Water Bar, 100 Nugget Lane, Weaverville (530) 515-1181
Discover the power of water!! We specialize in Ionized 2.5ph-11.5 pH water. We provide refilling service, water infusions, and light food and beverages.
- Weaverville Market, 1480 CA-299
- Pizza Factory, Willow Creek
- Strawhouse Cafe, (and coffee house) 31301 CA-299, Big Flat 866-902-3276
The Strawhouse is committed to bringing quality service, organic coffees roasted on-site, excellent food, lodging, and recreational resources to our customers, while being socially, spiritually, and environmentally responsible. Cafe-Wedding venue-Yurt-RV sites
- Trinity Adventure Park (T.A.P.) Cafe – coming soon
Hayfork & Hyampom
- Brews & Screws, (Cocktails & Hardware), Hyampom
- Casa de Castellanos, Hayfork
- Country Take N Bake Pizza and Deli, Hayfork
- Hayfork Hotel
- Let’s Roll, next to Hayfork Discount Store
- Northern Delights Coffee House, Hayfork
Trinity Center & Coffee Creek
- Bear’s Breath Bar & Grill at Trinity Alps Resort, (cocktails & restaurant) on Stuart Fork River, (530) 286-2205 (Seasonal)
Our World Famous Spaghetti Buffet is open Memorial Weekend Fri, Sat, and Sun AND Wednesdays June 14- August 30, Full Menu Thu, Fri, Sat 5:30 – 9:30 mid June thru Labor Day Wknd, Bar closed Mon, Restaurant Closed Sun, Mon, Tue, Available for special events on Sunday afternoons or evenings. Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc
- Trailhead Pizza, 31 Pine Lane, Coffee Creek (530) 266-3222 (Seasonal)
Trailhead Pizza is nestled in Coffee Creek, north of Trinity Lake. We offer oven-fired pizza in our restaurant and in outdoors on our deck and patio. Check Facebook for live music events.
- Trinity Center General Store, 55 Scott Rd., (530) 266-3393
General store with lake, camping, souvenirs and grocery provisions. 24-hour gas station. Outdoor picnic area. Free Wi-Fi for customers. Vacation rentals. Town center.
- Trinity Mountain Meadow Resort (Seasonal)
- Yellow Jacket Eatery 56 Scott Blvd., (530) 266-3394 (Seasonal)
- J&J’s Smokin’ BBQ and Catering
- Lewiston Hotel, Bar and Grill, (Cocktails and Restaurant) 125 Deadwood Rd, (530) 778-3823
The Lewiston Hotel is one of California’s oldest hotels. Let the walls speak to you about the historic mysteries and stories of past guests. Experience “Old West” hospitality where guests are welcomed as friends.
- Smoke House Market
- The Journey’s End Resort, (diner and saloon), Ruth Lake
- Mad River Burger Bar, 2515 State Hwy 36, (707) 574-6646
Review: This little place is in “downtown” Mad River, and like the sign says, don’t blink or you’ll miss it! The burgers are always good and the shakes are worth the drive. Its not a place to go if you are looking for a traditional restaurant experience.
Nothing is more relaxing than a visit to a Trinity County vineyard nestled in our scenic mountain valleys. Trinity County features a number of quality vineyards and wines and is quickly becoming a regional hub for award-winning wines. Each wine reflects its unique climate and soil conditions.
- Take a scenic drive along Trinity Lake to Alpen Cellars Winery 530-266-9513
Alpen Cellars, established on a family ranch in the spring of 1984, is situated in a picturesque mountain valley at the foot of towering craggy peaks in the rugged Trinity Lake region of Trinity County, California.
- Curvy Roads Kegged Wines, Hayfork
- Enjoy an afternoon picnic at One Maple Winery 530-778-0716 in Lewiston.
Sit and relax, or leisurely stroll along our botanical garden pathway to Grass Valley Creek. Enjoy our wines in this perfect setting, designed not only for our pleasure-but as a retreat for our friends and guests.
- Merlo Estate Family Vineyards, 916-817-1962, Hyampom
Alpen Cellars and One Maple Winery]are located in the 96,000 acre “Trinity Lakes” viticulture area, recognized for its unique growing conditions. Alpen Cellars and One Maple vineyards have scenic picnic areas for your enjoyment.
Almost all Trinity community organizations host fundraising dinners, BBQ cook-offs, and breakfasts throughout the year to support our volunteer fire departments, Lions Club charity projects, high school scholarship program, Rotary projects, libraries, museums, and many other causes. These events are a great opportunity to meet local Trinity citizens, support Trinity’s rural lifestyle, and enjoy some great food.
You can find a calendar of all upcoming food events in the Trinity Journal’s calendar.
Nothing tastes better than locally grown food. Trinity is proud to have a growing food products industry that offers fruits, herbs, vegetables, meats, and wine.
- Trinity Homegrown Foods
- Trinity County Farmers Markets – started in February 1990 to establish local farmers’ markets and promote organically grown, sustainable agriculture in our communities.
You can find locally grown produce at these grocery stores:
- Mountain Market, Weaverville
- Holiday Market, Weaverville
Trinity County Farmers Markets are open each growing season. They feature locally grown fresh vegetables and fruits, eggs, honey, and much more. Buy fresh tomatoes! Wide variety from cherries to beefsteaks, slicers to paste tomatoes, heirlooms and hybrids. For more information, contact