Travel Information & Services
Turn to Us for Trinity Information
Trinity County is one of the larger counties in California. At 150 miles long by 100 miles wide with a lot of curvy mountain roads in between, getting from one end of the county to another can be an adventure in itself.
If you are not accustomed to driving on mountain roads, take your time and enjoy the view. Make sure you have plenty of gas since the distance between gas stations may be great.
The three main highways — 299, 3, and 36 — are well maintained and a pleasure to drive. If you are up for an added adventure you will find many smaller roads leading out into some of our smaller communities that can offer scenic pleasures, natural adventures, or surprising back road experiences.
Trinity County Tourist Information Centers
- Weaverville — inside Tops Market
- Hayfork — Highway 3 at Big Valley Properties
- Trinity Center – next to the Trinity Center General Store
- Big Flat – outside Strawhouse Resorts and Coffee House
Gas Stations, Towing Services, Auto Repair & Transportation
Trinity Transit – public transportation within Trinity County with connections to Eureka and Redding. (530) 623-5438
Call-Away Cab Service – general public taxi service.
- Douglas City Store & Gas Station, 70 Steiner Flat Rd., (530 ) 623-6376
- Douglas City Garage & Towing, 31 Marshall Ranch Rd., (530) 623-4869
- Frontier Fuel, (gas pumps) 4651 Highway 3, (530) 628-4220
- Hayfork Tire and Auto, 6681 Hwy. 3, (530) 628-3038
- Tule Creek Towing & Storage, (530) 628-9280
- Lewiston Mini Mart, (gas pumps) 4789 Trinity Dam Blvd., (530) 778-3268
- Trinity Center General Store, (gas pumps) 55 Scott Rd., (530) 266-3393
- KOA (Kampgrounds of America), (gas pumps) 60260 Hwy. 3, (530) 266-3337
- Alps Towing, (530) 623-2481
- Campora Propane Service, 530-623-2372
- Cornerstone Auto & Tire Service, 530-623-3365
- Lauderdale Motors, (auto body) 530-623-2442
- Main Street Automotive, 530-623-5516
- Northern Lights Fuel, 102 Washington St., (530) 623-2181
- Redwood Oil Company, (gas pumps) 930 Main St., (530) 623-1100
- Tops Mini Mart, (Chevron gas) Highway 3, (530) 623-2515
- Weaverville Auto Parts (NAPA) (530) 623-5504
- Weaverville Gas, (gas pumps) 900 Main St., (530) 623-2013
Highway 3 North, snow not removed over the weekends.
- General Road Conditions
- CalTrans traffic cameras — Highway 299 at Buckhorn Summit and Oregon Mountain
Banks and ATMs
Coast Central Credit Union Weaverville
Tri Counties Bank Weaverville and Hayfork
Scott Valley Bank Weaverville
Umpqua Bank Weaverville
State Farm Insurance Weaverville (888) 850-0883 or 530-623-4000
Healthcare/ Protection Services
If you have an emergency, always dial 911 first.
- Hyampom Animal Clinic, Hyampom – 530-628-4569
- Lewiston Animal Clinic, Lewiston – 530-778-3109
- Trinity Animal Hospital, Weaverville – 530-623-5757
- Trinity Animal Shelter, Weaverville -530-623-1370
- Dr. John Kizziar, DDS, Hayfork, 530-628-4271
- Dr. Donald Krouse, Weaverville, 530-623-3735
- Dr. Randall Meredith, Weaverville, 530-623-1157
- Dr. R. Scott Schalo, DDS Redding, 530-223-0460, Yreka 530-842-5320
Pharmacy & Healthcare Services
- Trinity County Sheriffs Dept. , Weaverville, 530-623-2611 (Lake Patrol-530-623-1227)
- California Highway Patrol, Weaverville, 530-3832 (Road Conditions 800-427-7623)
Cell Phone Service and Internet
Many travelers these days rely on GPS, cell phones, or internet access to get them out of a jam or guide them on their trip. Be warned that these services are not always available in Trinity County. For those of you wanting a family vacation off the grid, we have plenty of opportunities. Check with your lodging provider for advice on service. If you are camping, be ready to be off the grid.
The most reliable cell phone service can be found in downtown Weaverville, they even have 3G data available through most major carriers, 4G for some. There are pockets of service available in other areas, particularly near the more developed areas but not all carriers service all parts of the county. If you need your phone, it is best to check with your carrier before you leave. Velocity Communications provides phone, internet and cable television services to parts of Trinity County.
- Strawhouse Resort and Café — wireless internet
- Trailhead Pizza — wireless internet
- Northern Delights — wireless internet
- Trinity County Library — computer access and wireless internet
- Mamma Llama Cafe & Eatery – wireless internet
- Red House Cafe — wireless internet
- Starbucks (in Tops Super Foods) – wireless internet
- Susie’s Bakery — wireless internet
- Trinity Center General Store — wireless internet
- North Trinity Visitor Center — public computer access, seasonal, Trinity Center